This Disability Awareness in Sport Workshop is an awareness building workshop aimed at anyone involved in sport or physical activity that would like to learn more about offering opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in their school, club or organisation. It is also targeted at those in management and supervisory roles, and who may or may not be involved in the direct delivery of physical activity opportunities for people with disabilities.
It is an interactive workshop that covers perceptions, communication and etiquette, understanding disability and inclusion and readiness along with local initiatives for people with disabilities
- To build awareness around people with disabilities participating in sport and physical activity
- To provide a pathway for those who wish to participate in further learning opportunities. These include Disability Inclusion Training, Inclusive Fitness Training, Inclusive Sports Coaching and other courses offered through the National Training and Education Framework.
- Target Group
- Club Coaches/Volunteers, Schools, or Organisations
- Participants must be over 18 yrs
- Course Duration
- 2 hours
- Course Fee
This programme is supported by Sport Ireland and CARA
- Kerry Recreation and Sports Partnership