Buntús Start, a Sports Council initiative, is a comprehensive physical activity programme for children aged 3-5 years old delivered within the pre-school setting.
Programme components include:
Staff training-six hour course
Provision of sports equipment bag and resource cards
Site visit-support service
- To upskill pre-school and playgroup leaders so they can provide a wide range of learning opportunities for young children through play
- To introduce pre school children to physical activity through enjoyable and planned play activities.
- To enable children to become active and independent learners through play
- Target Group
- Kerry County Childcare Preschools
- Participants must be over 18 yrs
- Course Duration
- 6 hours
- Course Fee
This programme is delivered with the support of Sport Ireland, Kerry County Childcare Committee, Health Service Executive, Kerry Education & Training Board.
We found the programme to be very beneficial. There were plenty of practical ideas that could be adapted and used with a wide variety of ages and stages of children attending the service. The resources provided allow the staff to be more confident in ideas and carrying out physical exercises/activities within the setting
- Kerry Recreation and Sports Partnership