A sports, physical activity and recreation and based programme specifically for the residents of the Mitchel’s Boherbue Regeneration area of Tralee. A part time programme facilitator supported by the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government through Tralee Town Council is providing a dedicated and focused programme roll out for the community.
- To create opportunities for residents to take part in physical activity programmes
- To encourage residents to undergo a positive lifestyle behavioral change through dedicated physical activity based programmes
- Building of relationships and enhancing links between residents from the Traveller, Settled and Non-Irish national communities
- To positively engage residents through the medium of physical activity and increase physical activity levels
Programme Roll Out
During 2011, 156 people from the Mitchel’s Boherbue community have taken part in programme activities to date. For more information please view the programme newsletter below.
This programme is supported by the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government through Tralee Town Council & Kerry Recreation and Sports Partnership
Teenscene participant Chantelle O’ Sullivan said “the programme was very good, we really enjoyed it and we learnt lots of different dances including Hip Hop and Zumba”
- Kerry Recreation and Sports Partnership