Listowel is the main town in north Kerry. Listowel with a population of over 4,500 and is classed as a heritage and market town.
The town sits on the banks of the River Feale and is famous for it’s literary week. Listowel Writers Week in late May.
This cycling route takes you out beyond the north of the town. Caution is advised as the route is primarily on narrow country lanes used by all types of traffic. A quiet time of the day or week might make the route more enjoyable.
Distance: 8.2 km
Starting point: Listowel Square
Cycling route: Mainly quiet country lanes
Caution is advised as the route is primarily on narrow country lanes. Although generally quiet and enjoyable the route is used by all types of traffic. A quiet time of the day or week might make the route more enjoyable.
- Leaving the town square cycle north in the direction of Tarbert
- Take a right at the roundabout and cycle onto John B Keane road
- After passing Aldi on your left take a left turn into Ballygologue road
- Cycle for 2 km and turn left onto Knockroe Drive
- At the T-junction turn left
- At the next T-junction turn left onto the R552
- Follow this road straight back into the town following the one-way system in the centre
- Finish at the Square