Outside of the Irish capital Dublin, Killarney is the most popular tourist destination in Ireland.
Situated on the Ring of Kerry, the town is blessed with breath taking countryside, mountains and lakes on it’s doorstep.
This cycle route takes in the Killarney National Park starting close to the Cathedral and looping around to the historical Ross Castle.
Distance: 6.6 km
Starting point: Deenagh Lodge, Killarney National Park
Surface: Paved / compressed gravel
Cycling route: Virtually all traffic free paths and road ways
- Starting from Deenagh Lodge cycle west and downhill into the national park
- After crossing the small river
- Take a right turn signed for Ross Castle
- Proceed across the small bridge and to Ross Castle
- Depart Ross Castle via the car park and onto Ross road
- Take the left turn back into the park adjacent to the Ross Castle Lodge
- At the next junction continue straight on
- At the cross roads by the river take a right turn
- At the next T-Junction take a right turn
- Follow the path straight through to Killarney House gardens
- To return to Deenagh Lodge retrace your route
- Continuing over the river and straight through to your start point