Kenmare (An Neidín) “The Little Nest” is situated on both the Ring of Kerry and The Wild Atlantic Way.
The town lies close to the Beara Peninsula and Kenmare Bay and is synonymous with lace making as well as outdoor pursuits.
This cycling route takes you out beyond the south and east of the town. Caution is advised as the route is on a mix of narrow country lanes and main roads. These are used by all types of traffic. A quiet time of the day or week might make the route more enjoyable.
Distance: 8 km
Starting point: Landsdowne Arms, Shelbourne St.
Cycling route: A mix of country lanes and local main roads
- Start the cycle at Landsdowne Arms, Shelbourne St.
- Follow the one-way system in the direction of Castletownbeare
- Turn left onto the N71 and cross over the bridge
- Once over the bridge take the first left turn after the old hotel
- Follow this tree lined road past the Sheen Falls Lodge
- Keep to the left with the river alongside you
- Continue around to the Roughy Stone bridge, which has to be crossed
- At the T-junction turn left onto the R569
- Follow the road for 2.5 km until you reach the Landsdowne Arms once more
- Caution is advised as the route is primarily on narrow country lanes. Although generally quiet and enjoyable the route is used by all types of traffic. A quiet time of the day or week might make the route more enjoyable.