The first stop on the Ring of Kerry from Killarney. Killorglin is the capital of the mid Kerry region.
The town sits on the banks of the River Laune and is famous for it’s late summer fair. Puck Fair.
It’s very much a gateway to the MacGillycuddy Reeks mountains, as well as being close to picturesque spots such as Cromane, Lough Caragh, Glenbeigh and Castlemaine Harbour.
Distance: 11.2 km
Starting point: Anywhere in Killorglin
Cycling route: Mainly quiet country lanes
- The cycle can start anywhere in Killorglin.
- Leave the main N69 and cycle north towards Ballykissane Pier
- Retrace your steps from the pier and take a right turn at the cross-roads
- Cycle west for 2.6 km and take a left turn at the cross roads for Douglas NS
- Continue for 2 km
- Take a left turn adjacent to the N70 Ring of Kerry road
- Follow the cycle/walk path back to the centre of Killorglin town.